Thoughts Rants Defeats Accomplishments
...Just Me

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome to My Digital Age

I canceled my cable tv this week, bought a new awesome router, acquired netflix, and saved money. After realizing I was wasting $50 on a tv subscription for 66 channels when I only watched about 5 of them on a regular basis and that all of those channels or shows I could get for free online, I called it quits. I upgraded my internet service to a faster connection as well so my instant que on netflix wouldn't lag. I LOVE the new router. My old one was several years old and I couldn't get a connection more than 4 feet from the damn thing. Now I have a strong full connection throughout my entire apartment. I'm taking advantage of this new perk as I type....lounging in the bed.

Since getting netflix, I have discovered an incredible show that I missed when it aired in reality called Cashmere Mafia. It is so good. It's like SITC, but with women that have power jobs and some families. I'm so disappointed that it didn't last longer than the one season. I don't miss the tv channels at all.

By the way, I also now have a wii in the house. I've been playing Mario again. I sorta feel like I'm in a mini time warp when I play. A good time warp. I'm considering downloading Dr. Mario, but I'm afraid I'll become an addict again! Nobody could beat me at Dr. Mario. I could make it rain like no other. Fans of the game know what I'm talking about!

I'm still following my RH of NYC. I am so impatient for Bravo to add the last episode to their play list online. I watched most of it during it's air date, but I missed the first 4 minutes or so and I want to rewatch it to see what some of the bloggers are dishing about. I don't remember seeing some of the things mentioned in the blogs about the episode. Either I missed something or maybe they say extra content online, like web exclusives for something.

I am obsessed with Who Do You Think You Are? It's a show following celebs researching their family trees featuring Ancestry.com. I was most moved by Lisa Kudrow's story because it dealt with the Holocaust. Sarah Jessica Parker's was the most interesting because an ancestor of hers was convicted of witchcraft during the Salem Witch Trials, but survived due to timing of her sentencing and King George demanding a halt to the trials. Matthew Broderick's was all-american. Family members in every single battle since pre-revolutionary war. Brooke Shields was the most annoying. Surprise, surprise, she's related to King George and Kings of France and blah blah. She just acted so entitled and uppity during her episode.

I'm enjoying my digital age.

No comments:

Post a Comment