Thoughts Rants Defeats Accomplishments
...Just Me

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fond of the Culkins

I went onto IMDB to check out a bit of trivia I heard about Macaulay Culkin once being married to Evan Rachel Wood. That trivia bit is wrong just as I thought. He was once married to a girl named Rachel Miner, not Evan Rachel Wood. While reading his trivia page, I began to remember how much I love his films. I have been a fan of his since the very beginning of his career. The first time I saw him was his first major film, Uncle Buck. Many people think Home Alone was his first film, but it's not. It's the film that made him a household name, the highest paid child actor in history, and #2 on VH1s Greatest Child Stars of All Time list. I'm curious to see who is #1. I'll have to research that later. I still get choked up when he first enters the film of My Girl, knowing his character will meets his end before the film. Looking at his IMDB page I did discover a tidbit I didn't know about him. He is Paris Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson's Godfather, Michael Jackson's first two kids. Odd. I also viewed Rory and Kieran Culkin's pages. I also really enjoy their films. Those three really have star power. All three have frequently guest popped in and out of each others films over the years usually portraying relatives or younger versions of each other. Kieran was cousin Fuller who wet the bed in Home Alone 1 and 2 and Rory was the younger version of Kieran's character in Igby Goes Down, just to name a few. I'm glad they survived child stardom and their greedy, crazy parents' antics. I'll be watching all of their new films that are currently filming or in post production.

No comments:

Post a Comment