Thoughts Rants Defeats Accomplishments
...Just Me

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alice

I loved Alice in Wonderland. I finally got to see it yesterday. There has been a lot of crappy press and reviews about the movie, but those reviews are garbage written by unimaginative adults. This movie is meant for kids/families and those that can still tap into their inner child. It's rated PG! I thought it was well done. As an adult, I do wish the story was a tad meatier, but for a child it was probably just right. Johnny Depp's eyes were really creepy and odd even for Tim Burton. I was unnerved. My favorite scenes were the first one introducing the Cheshire Cat and the Tea Party with the March Hare and Door Mouse throwing food and tea at each other. That was hysterical. The striped gray/blue dress The Mad Hatter made for her after she shrinks is awesome. I would love to own one just like it. I'm seriously considering dressing like her for Halloween this year, but I bet there will be dozens of Alices this year. The Cheshire Cat was the most perfect portrayal of all the different characters. Spot on! Or should I say Stripe on! I will be buying this one when it releases on blu-ray for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment