Thoughts Rants Defeats Accomplishments
...Just Me

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Martin Scorsese

FINALLY! A lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes! OVERDUE! I have been a fan of his work since I saw Goodfellas. I then viewed my way through his filmography. His firsts and his latests. I'm dying to see Shutter Island. His work is incredible. The stories riveting, real, and large. It was so overdue when he finally won an Oscar for Best Director for The Departed. The Departed is good, but by no means, his greatest achievement. I think they just knew...he should've already won. I believe it was Jack Nicholson who announced his win. Watching Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert Dinero present him with the Cece Demille Award was perfect. He totally launched both their careers through his films just as Tim Burton, another favorite of mine, launched Johnny Depp's, top notch in my book. The montage of his work during the presentation really made me realize how many of my favorite films were brought to life under his watch. Thank you, Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment