Thoughts Rants Defeats Accomplishments
...Just Me

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reading In Unfamiliar Territory

I am reading a mystery novel which I normally don't. Romances and mysteries are too obvious or boring and repetitive. I am reading the latest book in a southern mystery series though, so it still falls into my southern fiction niche. It's Bone Appetit by Carolyn Haines. Not only is it funny and interesting, but it's filled with paranormal touches, another favorite topic of mine. These two best friends have formed a P.I. service and one of the women can see and speak to a ghost that haunts her family's plantation home. The ghost, Tinkie, was her great grandmother's nanny when she lived. Funny name. It is set in the Mississippi Delta, but they are currently supposed to be on vacation where unbeknown to them, a beauty pageant was being held. Just think of the movie, Drop Dead Gorgeous. Very, very similar murder and attacks are going on and I haven't figured it out yet like I normally do so that's good. I'm considering going back and reading the earlier books in this series, especially if this one ends up being a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment